Ali Jihad Racy: Ancient Egypt DOWNLOAD ONLY LYR-7347
Digital Download available from your favorite site including
Download free liner notes below (Mac users use Ctrl + click)
This tribute to ancient Egypt was composed in 1978 for the King Tutankhamun Exhibit, inspired by the religious symbolism of the Egyptian Book of the Dead. Acoustical capabilities of traditional instruments are explored and expanded in this work by Ali Jihad Racy, ethnomusicologist specializing in music of the Middle East. Selected as one of CD Review Magazine's 50 Definitive World Music Recordings.
The now world-famous musical tribute inspired by (and commissioned for the exhibition of) Tutankhamun's tomb. Composed and performed by Ali Jihad Racy, Lebanese-born ethnomusicologist and master musician, featuring nay and salamiyah (flutes) buzuq, ud, tar, sajat, mijwiz, and mizmar. Selected as one of CD Review Magazine's 50 Definitive World Music Recordings!
1. The Lamentations of Isis (Racy) - 3:07
2. The Land of the Blessed (Racy) - 6:55
3. Hymn to Osiris (Racy) - 5:28
4. The Boat of Millions of Years (Racy) - 4:52
5. The Holy Lotus (Racy) - 3:38
6. Funeral Procession (Racy) - 5:06
7. Hymn for the Sunrise (Racy) - 5:23
8. The Triumph of the Deceased (Racy) - 5:30
We Also Recommend