Love Letters from Italy - Drew Minter and ARTEK/458 Strings DOWNLOAD ONLY LEMS-8026
Digital Download available from your favorite site including
Download free liner notes below (Mac users use Ctrl + click)
This is Drew Minter's debut recording on the Lyrichord Early Music Series and the follow-up of the critically acclaimed first recording by ARTEK, Monteverdi's Orfeo. This is certain to be the countertenor CD of the decade! Drew Minter is considered among the world's premier countertenors, he is also an accomplished stage director. He is especially well-remembered for his portrayal of Tolomeo in Peter Sellars' production of Giulio Cesare, which was also filmed for Decca/London. His more than forty recordings are to be found on the Harmonia Mundi, Hungaroton, Koch, and other labels. This is his first recording for Lyrichord.
ARTEK is a musical organization that began in 1986, under the unerring director of Gwendolyn Toth. ARTEK has now grown into one of America's premier early music organizations, and has regularly received high acclaim from critics. Their first compact disc release of Monteverdi's Orfeo on the Lyrichord Early Music Series has garnered rave reviews. The 458 Strings ensemble is made up of the continuo and bass players of ARTEK.
1. Arie musicali Bk.1 No.16, Cosi mi disprezzate, aria di 2. Passacaglia for solo voice - 2:56
2. Toccata - 4:33
3. Odi quel rosignuolo, for voice & continuo in 2 parts (Le musiche, Book 4) - 5:57
4. Io vidi in terra - 2:57
5. Toccata per liuto - 2:20
6. Se i languidi miei sguardi (Lettera amorosa), madrigal for soprano (from Book 7), SV 141 - 8:25
7. Cantata a voce sopra la passacaglia - 6:05
8. Iam moriar, mi Fili, motet for soprano (from Selva morale e spirituale), SV 288 - 9:39
9. La Madalena ricorre alle lagrime - 4:51
10. Grave - 1:35
11. (Allemande) - 2:46
12. Largo - 1:35
13. Presto - 2:25
14. Rimbombava d'intorno (3 versions), cantata for voice & continuo - 12:51
Read interview with Drew Minter here.
Additional InformationGo to the ARTEK Website.
We Also Recommend
Anton Reicha Quintet Op. 100 No. 4 in E minor - Franz Danzi Quintetto No. 3, Op. 51 in F Major - DOWNLOAD ONLY LYR-6020